Life is loaded with dull however important errands. As a sluggish natural, washday is high on my list. Amid different focuses in my natural life, the measure of time to wash down, detangle, and style my hair has extended before me as a vast no man’s island. I’ve spent hours in a stretch on my journey for solid, full twists and curls. Fortunately, those days are a distant memory. While I haven’t yet made sense of how to spend, say zero time on my regimen , I have streamlined the procedure to two hours or less through and through. Here’s the means by which I keep washday as straightforward and easy as could be expected.
- Section your hair into bits. You could divide it into four sections so that the process is easier as you will be able to cover as much ground in the least time expected.
- Pre-poo your hair : In my previous hair post, I had mentioned how I pre-poo my hair but this time I will gladly share with you my hair products so that you can try them out as well. I usually create a mixture of coconut oil, almond oil, olive oil and a castor oil and then I gently massage the oil to the base of my hair and my scalp.
- Dry detangle: Run your hands through each of the parted sections, finger combing through your hair.
- Dry shampoo: For this step,you need to part your hair into smaller sections and apply a finger tip amount of shampoo directly to your scalp. Show all your roots some love, make sure you reach everywhere and after, massage your scalp gently to let i soak in. I usually use herbal essences shampoo with coconut scent ( i love coconut)
- Wet shampoo: Here, you will wash your hair in the normal way.I suggest using warm water so that you do not burn your scalp. Section your hair into four portion so that the area of coverage is great , leaving your scalp clean and fresh!
- Condition your hair: using the same brand , Herbal Essences, I apply conditioner with cupuacu and butter scent on my hair, sectioning it again and covering it for about 15 minutes with a plastic bag to build up heat.
- Tip N Dip: Before you wash off the conditioner, apply olive oil or whatever natural oil on the tips of your hair to prevent breakage when washing.
- Wet detangle: Run through each section of your hair with your fingers again. I do not enjoy the usage of combs because I have a thick mass of hair.
- Deep condition: Wear a plastic cap over your head and sit under a dryer for 30 minutes, or you could improvise by taking some shades, a nice drink and sit under the sun a while.
- Finally, you rinse off your hair with cold water. It works best for frizzy hair.
For the final look, I take my coconut, almond,olive and castor oil and mix it with leave in conditioner and begin o twist out my hair.After completing, i tie my head with a silk scarf so as not to smudge oil over my pillows and to allow my hair to breathe, and the next morning i just wake up, detangle the twists and go!
After having gone through this whole process, you don have to keep doing it on a daily basis. This lasts me a week depending on the activities I do, and the oil content in my scalp.
In the week, you could oil your hair at least once and you could just tie a scarf over your head before you retire for bed and the thickness and thrill of the kinky curls will not go away.
Having done that the previous night, I was up and running the next morning for church 🙂
I hope you enjoyed this post! Stay tuned to more blog posts, like, share, click on the notify me button at the end of the page and most importantly, stay safe!
Happy weekend to all !